Supply chain and logistics form the lifeline of businesses across the world. From transportation to distribution channel development, retail back end development to after sales service delivery, every minute aspect impacts the bottom-line of the firms. Undoubtedly optimizing such processes and designing innovative delivery systems to ensure high service levels within cost constraints has been the driver for development of SCM /Logistics as an independent stream of study.
The Centre aims to achieve excellence in research and education by offering research driven consultancy and analyzing implementations that result in major savings and benchmarking of best practices in organizations. Our research is practical, impartial and has ‘real world’ application based on best practice.
Through commercial and grant-funded activities, the CSCLM coordinates diverse skills and resources to develop and apply knowledge for the benefit of industry, government and community organizations.
- To offer research-driven consultancy; analyze implementations resulting in major savings and benchmarking of best practices in organizations.
- To promote high-quality research that is practical and has ‘real world’ application based on best practice.
- Engaging current and future leaders from corporate and academia to gather and enhance collaboration through applied research, programs of executive education and workshops, besides professional and student exchange.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Sahil Singla and Saroj Koul, In-house Fleet Services Vs Contracted 3PLs: An Empirical Analysis, 15th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-15), IMT Ghz., Ghaziabad, India, January, 6-8, 2018; pp. 201-208 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-08-01]; recipient of the AIMS-IBA 2018 Best Paper Award).
- Vishul Singal and Saroj Koul, Identification of Benchmarks for Adoption by SMEs in the Indian Cold Chain, 15th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-15), IMT Ghz., Ghaziabad, India, January, 6-8, 2018; pp. 209-214 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-08-01].
- Rohit Rajpal and Saroj Koul, Outsourcing: a Non-competent area of Organization or Internal Strategy, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems (ICMIS-14), Bangkok, Thailand, August 4-6, 2014, pp.13-19 [ISBN 978-81-924713-4-1]
- V.Vinay Raju, Amir Subhani and Saroj Koul, Vinayak Gas: Future Perspective, Case Studies in Management, Bharti Publication, Delhi, India, (2014), 156-162. [ISBN 978-93-81212-67-7]
- Yatish P. Dasari and Saroj Koul, Indian Automobile Industry – A Sustainable Green Supply Chain Perspective, 3rd Int’l Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) 2013, Bali (Indonesia), June, 27-29, 2013, pp. 331–338. Eds. S Halim & IGA Widyadana, published by the Institute for Research and Community Service, Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia [ISBN:978-979-99765-2-9].
- Mudit S. Desai and Saroj Koul, Implementing Strategic Project Management for Achieving Organizational Goals, 3rd Int’l Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) 2013, Bali (Indonesia), June, 27-29, 2013, pp. 339–348 Eds. S Halim & IGA Widyadana, published by the Institute for Research and Community Service, Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia [ISBN: 978-979-99765-2-9].
- Yatish P. Dasari and Saroj Koul, Drivers for Sustainable Green Supply Chain – Case of the Indian Automobile Industry, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, (TIIM13), Phuket, Thailand, May 29-31, 2013, S6: 210-223 [ISSN: 1906-7631].
- J. Joshuva Alexander and Saroj Koul, Enhancing Project Management – A Quality Gate Usage, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, 2013 (TIIM13), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, May 29-31, 2013, S5: 160-172 [ISSN: 1906-7631].
- Alexander, Joshuva J. and Goyal, Ashwin Kumar and Dave, Ankit and Desai, Mudit and Vignesh, P. B., A Speculative Study on Skill Gaps in Logistics Industry – Indian Perspective (March 28, 2013). Available at SSRN: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2241116
NATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Ashwathej Purushothaman, Agro Supply Chain in India: A Post GST Scenario, Agro Supply Chain Conference 2016 – Cold Chain Logistics in Agriculture Conference (ASCC 2016), UPES, Dehradun, Oct 7-8, 2016.
- Aditya Bhasin, Utilization of Solar Power in Agriculture Cycle, Agro Supply Chain Conference 2016 – Cold Chain Logistics in Agriculture Conference (ASCC 2016), UPES, Dehradun, Oct 7-8, 2016.
- Sandou Keita, Prashant Dwivedi and Vivek Pant, Business School of my Dreams – A QFD Structure, KGI Conference, JGU Campus, India, August, 13-14, 2015.
- Abhay Mehta, Abhishek Rai and Saroj Koul, Identification of Critical Factors: Increasing Efficiency of Purchase Management, AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-11), IMT Ghz. NCR, India, Dec.21-24, 2013.
- J. Joshuva Alexander, Saroj Koul and Sanjeev Sharma, Quality Gate: A Strategic Management Supportive Tool, Int’l Conference ‘Innovative Ways of Managing Business in the Post Globalized Era’, BVIMR, India, February, 2-3, 2013. (Recipient of the First Prize – Presentation Category).
- Pooja Wadhwa and Saroj Koul, Critical Factors Affecting Retention: Case of the Indian IT Industry, Ninth AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-9), pp. 632-63, Flame Pune, India, Jan.1-4, 2012.
- Rohit, Saroj Koul and Atul V, Carbon Footprint in Steel Making – An Empirical Study, Int’l Conference on Advances in Supply Chain and Manufacturing Management (ASCMM2011), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, December 16-18, 2011.
- Saroj Koul, Ankur Saraswat, Rakesh Verma, Evaluation and Ranking of Supplier at a Service Firm Using Analytic Hierarchy Process, World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies (WICT2011), organized by University of Mumbai, India and MIR Labs, USA, pp. 926-931, Mumbai, India, 11-14 December, 2011. [978-1-4673-0125-1© 2011 IEEE].
- Saroj Koul and Neeraj Saxena, Can Technological Innovations Handle Attendance of Unskilled Workers at a Large Power Plant Construction Site?, Int’l Conference on Management Cases 2011 (ICMC 2011), NCR, India, December 1- 2, 2011, pp. 260-269. Eds. Sardana, G.D. et al., Positive Initiatives for Organizational Change and Transformation, McMillian Advanced Research Series [ISBN: 935-059-037-9].
- India Cold Chain Logistics 2020, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems, Bangkok (Thailand), Sept., 26-27, 2017 [Abstract No: S198; Date: 26 Sep 2017; Time: 11:30-12:30]
- What is Effective: An “In-house” Fleet Services or Contracted 3pls – A Study? Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems, Bangkok (Thailand), Sept., 26-27, 2017 [Abstract No: S202; Date: 26 Sep 2017; Time: 11:30-12:30]