Sarveshwar Kumar Inani is an Assistant Professor in Finance and Accounting area at Jindal Global Business School. He is a Ph. D. in finance and accounting from Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L). He also holds double master’s degree, i.e. Master of Business Administration in Finance and Master of Commerce in Accountancy and Business Statistics. He was awarded the UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in June 2010. His research interests are focused primarily on price discovery and volatility spillover in financial markets. He has published several research papers on the price discovery role of futures contracts in Indian capital market and commodity market in international journals of repute, such as Journal of Futures Markets. Prior to joining Jindal Global Business School, he has served as assistant professor in Mody University (Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan). His teaching interests include Financial Accounting, Financial Econometrics, and Financial Analytics.
Professor Inani’s research areas cover price discovery and volatility spillover in financial markets. He has been writing papers in the domains of Finance and Economics. He has published research papers on the price discovery role of futures contracts in Indian capital market and commodity market in international journals of repute. He is a lifetime member of the Indian Econometric Society and Indian Accounting Association. His key publications include:
Peer-reviewed Published/Accepted Journal Papers
- “Price Discovery and Efficiency of Indian Agricultural Commodity Futures Market: An Empirical Investigation”, Journal of Quantitative Economics (Accepted). [ABDC-“B”]
- “Impact of Financial Crisis on International Price Discovery: Evidence from Indian American Depository Receipts”, South Asian Journal of Management, 23(1) pp. 7–32, 2016. [ABDC-“C”]
- “Does Internet Affect Economic Growth in sub-Saharan Africa?” Economics Bulletin, 36(4), pp. 1993-2002, 2016. [ABDC-“C”; SJR 0.19 (Q3)]
- “Price Discovery in Indian Stock Index Futures Market: New Evidence Based on Intraday Data”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 14(1), pp. 23-43, 2017. [ABS-1; ABDC-“C”]
- “The Nexus of ICT, Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth in India: An ARDL Approach”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management (Forthcoming). [ABS-1; ABDC-“C”]
National Conferences (Peer-reviewed)
- “The Contribution of ICT to Economic Growth: An Empirical Study”, 4th PAN-IIM World Management Conference, IIM-Ahmedabad, December 13-15, 2016. (Poster presentation)
- “Price Leadership of Spot Market in Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Investigation”, 3rd PAN-IIM World Management Conference, IIM-Indore, December 16-18, 2015.
- “Price Leadership in Commodity Market: Evidence from India”, Doctoral Consortium at SJMSOM, IIT-Bombay, November 30-December 1, 2015.
International Conferences (Peer-reviewed)
- “Price Discovery in Single-Stock Futures: Evidence from India Based on Intraday Data”, Annual Bangkok Business and Social Sciences Research Conference, Bangkok, Thailand (Organised by ASSBRI, Australia), June 3-4, 2016.
- “Price Discovery in Agricultural Commodity Futures Market: Evidence from India”, 23rd Annual Global Finance Conference, Fresno, CA, USA, April 21-23, 2016 (Accepted for presentation).
- “Impact of Financial Crisis on International Price Discovery: Evidence from Indian ADRs”, 15th Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives Conference, Steyr, Austria, October 19-21, 2015 (Accepted for presentation)
Prof. Inani teaches the core courses of finance like finance management. He also takes an elective course financial econometrics using R and MS Excel for MBA students. In addition to that, he takes an elective course of statistical programming with R for MBA students.
- Assistant Professor (Finance and Accounting) in Faculty of Arts, Science and Commerce at Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan (May 27, 2011 – June 30, 2012). Subjects taught:
- Financial Accounting (UG level)
- Corporate Accounting (UG level)
- Lecturer (Finance and Accounting) in Management Department at Arya College of Engineering and IT, Jaipur, Rajasthan (July 28, 2010 – May 25, 2011). Subjects taught:
- Financial Accounting (UG level)
- Management Accounting (PG level)
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial Econometrics
Price Discovery, Market Efficiency, Financial Markets, Financial Econometrics