On Research Leave during 2019-20. Visiting Professor at Carleton University, Canada
Dr Saroj Koul is a Professor of Supply Chain Management at the Jindal Global Business School, India. Her industry, teaching and research experience spans 35 years. She earned a PhD from IIT Delhi, a Masters of System Engineering and Operation Research from IIT Roorkee and a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from University of Kashmir, India. She comes to full-time teaching after 24 years in the industry, at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, India, where she held positions of increasing responsibility related to the analysis of emerging techno-economic changes, technology acquisition alternatives, organisational restructuring, and formulation of business strategies. In addition, she has over 14 years’ experience of teaching Management Studies in India and North American Universities.
Dr Koul has to her credit over 45 refereed publications and two books for postgraduate management students. She is a recipient of the National Education Award 2012 as Best Professor in Operations and Supply Chain Management; the 2014 OP Jindal Teaching Excellence Award; the 2018 ‘Professor Indira Parikh 50 Women in Education Leader’ Award; and the 2019 ‘100 Most Dedicated Professors’ Award. On the research front, she is the recipient of the OP Jindal Research Excellence Awards (2011, 2012, 2013 and 2018); the 2013 AIMS-Great Lakes Outstanding Woman Management Researcher Award (Gold Medal) and 2019 AIMS International Outstanding Management Researcher Award. Her conference publications received Best Paper Award in 2010, 2011, 2018, 2019. She is also the recipient of research funding as the principal investigator for ‘Application of Balanced Scorecard’, and Strategic Orientations of Manufacturing Strategy and Performance’ of Small Medium Enterprises is being researched.
Dr Koul is an active life member of the System Dynamics Society of India, Institute of Material Management and CILT-India. She is on the Editorial Board of Int. J. of Agriculture Innovation, Technology and Globalization, International Journal of Electronic Transport; and AIMS International Journal of Management where she was the recipient of ‘Outstanding Editor’ for 2010 and 2015. She is on the Advisory Board of several educational institutes in India, where her contributions to the advancement of the student community and modern teaching philosophy are well recognised. Her current research focuses on system dynamics models, supply chain management, SMEs and organisational communication.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Saksham Agarwal and Saroj Koul. Impact of Blockchain Technology on a ‘Relay Network’, 16th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-16), Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (Pune), India, January 3-5, 2019; pp. 607-616 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-11-1].
Sanjay Jha and Saroj Koul. Application of Block Chain Technology in Higher Education, 16th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-16), Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (Pune), India, January 3-5, 2019; pp. 618-623 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-11-1; recipient of AIMS-IBA 2018 Best Paper Award]
- Sahil Singla and Saroj Koul, In-house Fleet Services Vs Contracted 3PLs: An Empirical Analysis, 15th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-15), IMT Ghz., Ghaziabad, India, January, 6-8, 2018; pp. 201-208 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-08-01]; recipient of the AIMS-IBA 2018 Best Paper Award).
- Vishul Singal and Saroj Koul, Identification of Benchmarks for Adoption by SMEs in the Indian Cold Chain, 15th AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-15), IMT Ghz., Ghaziabad, India, January, 6-8, 2018; pp. 209-214 [ISBN: 978-1-943295-08-01].
- Rohit Rajpal and Saroj Koul, Outsourcing: a Non-competent area of Organization or Internal Strategy, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems (ICMIS-14), Bangkok, Thailand, August 4-6, 2014, pp.13-19 [ISBN 978-81-924713-4-1]
- V.Vinay Raju, Amir Subhani and Saroj Koul, Vinayak Gas: Future Perspective, Case Studies in Management, Bharti Publication, Delhi, India, (2014), 156-162. [ISBN 978-93-81212-67-7]
- Yatish P. Dasari and Saroj Koul, Indian Automobile Industry – A Sustainable Green Supply Chain Perspective, 3rd Int’l Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) 2013, Bali (Indonesia), June, 27-29, 2013, pp. 331–338. Eds. S Halim & IGA Widyadana, published by the Institute for Research and Community Service, Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia [ISBN:978-979-99765-2-9].
- Mudit S. Desai and Saroj Koul, Implementing Strategic Project Management for Achieving Organizational Goals, 3rd Int’l Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) 2013, Bali (Indonesia), June, 27-29, 2013, pp. 339–348 Eds. S Halim & IGA Widyadana, published by the Institute for Research and Community Service, Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia [ISBN: 978-979-99765-2-9].
- Yatish P. Dasari and Saroj Koul, Drivers for Sustainable Green Supply Chain – Case of the Indian Automobile Industry, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, (TIIM13), Phuket, Thailand, May 29-31, 2013, S6: 210-223 [ISSN: 1906-7631].
- J. Joshuva Alexander and Saroj Koul, Enhancing Project Management – A Quality Gate Usage, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, 2013 (TIIM13), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, May 29-31, 2013, S5: 160-172 [ISSN: 1906-7631].
- Alexander, Joshuva J. and Goyal, Ashwin Kumar and Dave, Ankit and Desai, Mudit and Vignesh, P. B., A Speculative Study on Skill Gaps in Logistics Industry – Indian Perspective (March 28, 2013). Available at SSRN: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2241116
NATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Ashwathej Purushothaman, Agro Supply Chain in India: A Post GST Scenario, Agro Supply Chain Conference 2016 – Cold Chain Logistics in Agriculture Conference (ASCC 2016), UPES, Dehradun, Oct 7-8, 2016.
- Aditya Bhasin, Utilization of Solar Power in Agriculture Cycle, Agro Supply Chain Conference 2016 – Cold Chain Logistics in Agriculture Conference (ASCC 2016), UPES, Dehradun, Oct 7-8, 2016.
- Sandou Keita, Prashant Dwivedi and Vivek Pant, Business School of my Dreams – A QFD Structure, KGI Conference, JGU Campus, India, August, 13-14, 2015.
- Abhay Mehta, Abhishek Rai and Saroj Koul, Identification of Critical Factors: Increasing Efficiency of Purchase Management, AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-11), IMT Ghz. NCR, India, Dec.21-24, 2013.
- J. Joshuva Alexander, Saroj Koul and Sanjeev Sharma, Quality Gate: A Strategic Management Supportive Tool, Int’l Conference ‘Innovative Ways of Managing Business in the Post Globalized Era’, BVIMR, India, February, 2-3, 2013. (Recipient of the First Prize – Presentation Category).
- Pooja Wadhwa and Saroj Koul, Critical Factors Affecting Retention: Case of the Indian IT Industry, Ninth AIMS Int’l Conference on Management (AIMS-9), pp. 632-63, Flame Pune, India, Jan.1-4, 2012.
- Rohit, Saroj Koul and Atul V, Carbon Footprint in Steel Making – An Empirical Study, Int’l Conference on Advances in Supply Chain and Manufacturing Management (ASCMM2011), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, December 16-18, 2011.
- Saroj Koul, Ankur Saraswat, Rakesh Verma, Evaluation and Ranking of Supplier at a Service Firm Using Analytic Hierarchy Process, World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies (WICT2011), organized by University of Mumbai, India and MIR Labs, USA, pp. 926-931, Mumbai, India, 11-14 December, 2011. [978-1-4673-0125-1© 2011 IEEE].
- Saroj Koul and Neeraj Saxena, Can Technological Innovations Handle Attendance of Unskilled Workers at a Large Power Plant Construction Site?, Int’l Conference on Management Cases 2011 (ICMC 2011), NCR, India, December 1- 2, 2011, pp. 260-269. Eds. Sardana, G.D. et al., Positive Initiatives for Organizational Change and Transformation, McMillian Advanced Research Series [ISBN: 935-059-037-9].
- A Critical Success Factors in the Buyer-supplier Relationship: A Study, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems (ICMIS-18), Bangkok, Thailand, Sept. 21-22, 2018. [Abstract 186]
- Indian Agri-food Supply Chain Traceability, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems (ICMIS-18), Bangkok, Thailand, Sept. 21-22, 2018. [Abstract 187]
- India Cold Chain Logistics 2020, Int’l Conference on Management and Information Systems, Bangkok (Thailand), Sept., 26-27, 2017 [Abstract No: S198]
- What is Effective: An “In-house” Fleet Services or Contracted 3pls – A Study?Int’l. Conference on Management and Information Systems, Bangkok (Thailand), Sept., 26-27, 2017 [Abstract No: S202]
- Operations Management
- Operations & Supply Chain Systems
Seminar & Coordinated Courses
- Project Management (with PMI, USA)
- Managing Quality
- Simulation Lab
- Logistics Management
- Global Logistics
- Purchase and Supply Management
- Sustainable Sourcing
- Global Operations Strategy and Manufacturing
- Spreadsheet Modelling
Visiting Faculty Courses