You are here

Jenderal Soedirman University, Indonesia

Name of the University:  Jenderal Soedirman University, Indonesia

Nature of the Collaboration: Student Exchange


General Guidelines;

Once all  documents are compiled they are to be submitted to the “Office of the Study Abroad JGBS (OSAJ)” through your programme director (documents to be mailed as a zip file to


Exchange Students:

Student Exchange / Mobility Program is a joint program between our university and university partners. This is a strategic cooperation that leads us to the World Class Civic University. Faculty of Economics and Business, Jenderal Soedirman University (UNSOED) has already engaged some cooperation with partner universities. They are OP Jindal Global University, India, University Utara Malaysia, Teikyo University Japan, Takamatsu University Japan, Osaka International University Japan, Mahasarakham University Thailand and Hebei University China. We do students exchange with partner universities regularly since 2009 until now.


Study Permit & Visa:

The applicants, who want to study or joining academic program in Jenderal Soedirman University shall completing any requirements for proposing study permit from Directorate General of Higher Education, the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education. Academic program including non-degree programs (Student exchange, short course, internship, profession, student exchange-BIPA) and degree programs (4 years diploma, 3 years diploma, specialist-1, bachelor, master, and doctor). The appropriate visa for international students to study in Indonesia is the Limited Stay Visa (VITAS). Usually it is for 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years length of stay. Since your purpose to come to Indonesia is for studying, your VITAS application will require a study permit from the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia in order to issue visa authorization from the Immigration Office in Indonesia. It takes quite long time to process, often up to two months. It is our responsibility as your host institution in Indonesia to help you get the study permit in order to get your visa authorization of your entry to Indonesia. Please contact us to give your assistance in this matter. The procedures of study permit application please visit:

An international student who wishes to study at Jenderal Soedirman University is strongly recommended to come to Indonesia with a VITAS, which can then be converted to a KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) upon your arrival to Indonesia. With the visa authorization faxed to your address, you can apply for a VITAS at the Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Indonesia in your country. First thing to do upon your arrival. Those who come to Indonesia with a VITAS (6/12/24 month’s visa) should be aware of the ‘arrival stamp’ on your passport and white landing card (departure card). The stamp from the Immigration Officer at your first port of arrival in Indonesia must have the following words written: “Permitted to enter and due to report at Immigration Office in Cilacap within 7 (seven) days from date hereof……..”
You should then go to the International Relation Office (UPT Layanan Internasional) to complete the following steps:

1. Register at the International Relation Office (IRO)
2. Ask for a Sponsor Letter from UNSOED to be brought to the Cilacap Immigration Office to get a KITAS. The required documents for KITAS are as follows:

  1. UNSOED Sponsor Letter (including Warranty Statement Letter)
  2. Copy of Curriculum Vitae
  3. Copy of passport of the relevant pages
  4. Copy of visa/VITAS
  5. Copy of white landing card (departure card)
  6. Copy of study permit from the Ministry of National Education
  7. Copy of Visa Authorization
  8. 6 photos of 3×4 cm and 6 photos of 2×3 cm
  9. Completed immigration forms

The scanned documents shall be prepared and submitted are:

  • Photograph (biometric size)
  • Passport
  • Financial Guarantee letter
  • Letter of Statement of Foreign Citizen (form is attached)
  • Medical Statement
  • Academic transcript/Degree certificate
  • Letter of Acceptance (provided by host institution)
  • MoU (provided by host institution)


For Immigration report visit :


English Requirements:

English certificate (TOEFL . 500 or EILTS > 6) 



Application Time

  • 2 January until 31 July
  • The new academic semester started on 1 September

Study Permit and Other Necessary Documents:

Requirement for Undergraduate Study:

  • High school graduates
  • Maximum 3 years after graduation
  • English certificate (TOEFL . 500 or EILTS > 6) for International Study Program

Requirement for Postgraduate Study:

  • Bachelor degree for studying in master program
  • Maximum 8 years after graduation
  • English certificate (TOEFL. 500 or EILTS > 6) for International Study Program

Other Supporting services to Exchange Students:

IRO have a mandate to facilitate international student for any purposes such as:

  • Consultation (Including Accommodation, Health Insurance, Etc.)
  • Immigration Process
  • Other Documents Related to Study