Chitresh is a graduate in urban planning from School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi and PhD in Operations Management and Decision Sciences from XLRI, Jamshedpur. He has experience in project management, operations management, transportation system design and implementation in the area of rail based transit systems and city based mobility. His PhD thesis developed an optimization model to understand public policy cost on supply chains and product prices. His areas of interested are urban freight, city logistics, public policy, supply chain management and urban mobility etc
PUBLISHED RESEARCH WORK
Ganguly A., Kumar C. (2019), A Decision-Making Model for Supplier Selection in Indian Pharmaceutical Organizations, Journal of Health Management, 21(3).
Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2018). Urban freight regulations; How much they cost the consumers? Transport Research Procedia, 30, 373-383. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2018.09.040.
Kumar C., Ganguly A. (2018). Travelling Together but Differently: Comparing Variations in Public Transit User Mode Choice Attributes Across New Delhi and New York, Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, 13(3), 54-73.
Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2017). Effect of Time Windows Regulations on Product Cost: An Urban Case Study of Carbonated Beverage Delivery. Annals of Management Science, 5(2), 17-47. DOI – https://doi.org/10.24048/ams5.no2.2017-17
Kumar C., Mangaraj B. K., & Vijayaraghavan T. A. S. (2015). Mode Choice for Urban Work-based Daily Trips: A Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Model Using the Analytical Hierarchical Process. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, 146, 627-638. http://dx.doi.org/10.2495/UT150511
- Kumar C. Ganguly A. (2019). Theoretical Framework to Analyze Conflict between Marketing and Operations Strategy: A Product Life Cycle Perspective, 9th IEOM International Conference, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2018), Cost impact of urban time windows restrictions on movement of spare parts in automotive supply chain using MCDM/A. POMS 2018 International Conference, Sri Lanka.
- Haldar N. & Kumar C. (2018), Application of Quantum Modelling based Combinatorial Bilevel Optimization in Urban Road Transport Problem. The 31th Conference of the European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization. Association of European Operational Research Societies, University of Fribourg in Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2018). Urban freight regulations; How much they cost the consumers? Mini Conference “Advances in Freight Transportation and Logistics” – 2018, The Association of European Operational Research Societies, University of Padua, Italy.
- Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2016). Effect of Vehicle Technology and Time Windows-based Urban Freight Regulations: A Case Study of Carbonated Beverage Company. Sixth National Conference on Management Science and Practice, Operations Research Society of India, Madras, India (Paper Selected for Publication in Annals of Management Science).
- Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2015). Effect of Urban Freight Regulations on Supply Chains: A Game Theoretic Approach Using Bi-Level Programming. 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Kolkata, India.
- Kumar C., Vijayaraghavan T. A. S., Chakraborty A. K., & Thompson R.G. (2015). Urban Freight and Supply Chain – The Neglected Stakeholder: An Analysis of Current Research Trend. 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Kolkata, India.
- Kumar C. & Gupta S. (2015). Identification of Parameters for Urban and Regional Level Infrastructure Development – A Theoretical Perspective: Case Study – Rail Based Mass Transit in Indian Cities. 4th Conference of Indian Academy of Management, Noida, India.
ARTICLES IN NEWSPAPERS / MAGAZINES
- Kumar C. (2018, May 15), Being a modern teacher, Deccan Herald, 10. https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/main-article/being-a-modern-teacher-733876.html
- Kumar C. (2018, November 19). Climate change in a de-globalising world, The Statesman, 9. https://www.thestatesman.com/opinion/climate-change-de-globalising-world-1502709262.html
- Kumar C. (2018, October 15). Autonomy and Patience: There are no shortcuts to creating world-class universities, Indian Express, 14. https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/autonomy-and-patience-indian-education-sector-hrd-ministry-prakash-javadekar-5401824/
- Kumar, C. (2018, September 14). Why we must preserve language diversity in the era of cultural homogeneity, qrius.com.
- Kumar, C. (2018, August 20). Working for the working women, Deccan Herald, 11. https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/perspective/working-working-women-687409.html
- Kumar, C. (2018, August 14). Citizenship on the line, The Statesman, pp. 16. https://epaper.thestatesman.com/1783563/Kolkata-The-Statesman/20th-AUGUST-2018#page/16/2
- Kumar, C. (2018, May 28). A 70-year-old Dream, Deccan Herald, pp. 11. https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/main-article/70-year-old-dream-672209.html
- Kumar, C. (2018, March 9). Tasteful Metaphors, Poor Politics, Deccan Herald, pp. 11. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/663642/tasteful-metaphors-poor-politics.html
- Kumar, C. (2018, February 6). India 2019 – Bereft of Choice, Deccan Herald, pp. 11. https://www.deccanherald.com/content/657874/bereft-choice.html
- Kumar, C. (2017, October 24). To Make Cities Smart Build Infrastructure First. Deccan Herald, pp. 11. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/639079/to-make-cities-smart-build.html
- Kumar, C. (2017, September 21). The Real Gau Raksha. Deccan Herald, pp. 10. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/634099/real-gau-raksha.html
- Kumar, C. (2017, December 14). Comprehensive Plan Needed to Combat Air Pollution. The Statesman, pp. 9. http://www.thestatesman.com/opinion/comprehensive-plan-needed-combat-air-pollution-1502544618.html