Anshu Sharma is an Assistant Professor (Human Resource Management & Organizational Behaviour) at Jindal Global Business School. She is currently the Assistant Dean of the MBA program since January 2019 and an active member of the COGSASH (Committee on Gender Sensitization and Anti Sexual Harassment) at JGU. She is awarded FPM degree from MDI, Gurgaon and has cleared UGC NET with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Her doctoral thesis has been awarded ‘Highly Commended Award for Emerald Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards 2017’. Her research paper titled ‘HR analytics and performance appraisal system’ has also been awarded Highly Commended paper at Emerald Literari Awards 2018. She also received merit scholarship during her MBA programme (HRM & IB) from Amity University, Noida and honors in her B. Tech (CSE) degree at Kurukshetra University. She is a Certified Assessment Expert from AON Hewitt Knowledge Centre, Gurgaon. In addition to this, she has done certificate courses in Programing in C, Core Java languages from NIIT; ‘teaching with Cases’ and ‘teaching with Simulations’ from Harvard Business publishing, IIM-A and SPJIMR.
She is also an active member of the AOM (Academy of Management) and SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) and have presented papers at AOM, HRIC, ANZAM. Her research papers have been selected for presentations at reputed international conferences and won many paper presentation competitions. She has published research papers in reputed international journals and published case in Ivey Richard and Harvard Case Collection. Apart from teaching and research, she has delivered consulting sessions on Competency mapping for the officers of the Govt. of Odisha and for the CAG officers. She has also co-ordinated MDPs with WIL (Women-in-Leadership) Hero MotoCorp, Hero FinCorp -Ivy League and has also coordinated Summer School at Imperial Business College, London in 2017. Her areas of interests include HR and technology; team engagement and sustainable education.
Scholarly journal article
- Sharma, A., & Bhatnagar, J. (2017). Emergence of team engagement under time pressure: role of team leader and team climate. Team Performance Management: An International Journal, 23 (3/4), 171-185. [Scopus and ABDC Listed]
- Sharma, A., & Bhatnagar, J. (2017). Talent Analytics: A Strategic Tool for Talent Management Outcomes. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 52(3), 515-527. [Scopus and ABDC Listed]
- Sharma, A., & Bhatnagar, J. (2016). Enterprise social media at work: web-based solutions for employee engagement. Human Resource Management International Digest, 24(7), 16-19. [Scopus and ABDC Listed]
- Sharma, A., & Sharma, T. (2017). HR analytics and performance appraisal system: a conceptual framework for employee performance improvement. Management Research Review, 40(6), 684-697. [Scopus and ABDC Listed]
- Sharma, A. (2014). Book review on Creating Effective Teams: A Guide for Members and Leaders (4th ed.) by Susan A. Wheelan, New Delhi: SAGE Publications India Pvt. Ltd, 2013, 144 pp., `325. ISBN: 978-81-321-1086-6 (Paperback)” in Vision, 18(2), 1-2. [Scopus and ABDC Listed]
- Sharma, A. & Joshi, A (2018). Impact of Globalization on Education in India: Towards Global Standards or Cultural Imperialism? In Gagari Chakrabarti and Chitrakalpa Sen (Eds): The Globalization Conundrum—Dark Clouds behind the Silver Lining, 978-981-13-1726-2, 462696_1_En, (15). [Scopus Listed]
- Sharma, A., & Bhatnagar, J. (2014). Case titled An entrepreneur’s future calling: human capital risk and exit dilemmas, published in Richard Ivey Business Publishing, Product Number:9B14C035 and is a part of Harvard Business School Case Collection, Product Number: W14267-PDF-ENG
International Conference proceedings
- Paper titled “How work teams understand and overcome performance pressure: A qualitative investigation” presented at ANZAM, Cairns, Australia, Dec 3-6, 2019.
- Paper titled “Interplay of learning and social capital: A qualitative investigation of enterprise social media use at work” presented at 3rd HR Division International Conference (HRIC, AOM), Dublin, Ireland, Jan 9-11, 2019.
- Paper titled “Unethical Pro-social behavior: A systematic review” selected for Junior Faculty Consortium at Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 17-19, 2017 at IIM, Indore.
- Paper titled “An integrative perspective of organizational learning: A test of moderated mediation” accepted for presentation at Academy of Management 2017 Annual Meeting at Atlanta, Georgia.
- Paper titled “Nothing Formal About It… Or Is It? Social Media in The Workplace”, presented at 76th Academy of Management Conference, Aug 5-9, 2016 at Anaheim, California, US.
- Paper titled “Impact of enterprise social media on organizational learning capability – Role of employees’ social capital and informal learning activities” presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, NCR.
- Paper titled “Emergence of Team Engagement: A Qualitative Investigation of Work Teams under Time Pressure Context”, presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, NCR.
- Paper titled “Talent Analytics for Talent Intelligence: Redefining HR Intelligence for Talent Management Decisions in Emerging Markets”, presented at Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets, March 11-13, 2015 at Management Development Institute (MDI), India.
- Paper titled “Innovative work behavior: The role of organizational citizenship behavior, transformational leadership and psychological empowerment among knowledge workers in India”, presented at Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets, March 5-7, 2014 at Management Development Institute (MDI), India.